You are currently viewing Megan Thee Stallion Calls for Contempt Against Ex-BFF Kelsey for Skipping Deposition

Megan Thee Stallion Calls for Contempt Against Ex-BFF Kelsey for Skipping Deposition

August 10, 2023 | By Kali Girl

Megan Thee Stallion and 1501 Records have been embroiled in a heated legal battle since 2020, centered around Megan’s recording contract, reports Radar Online. The rapper contended that her agreement with the label contained unreasonable terms.

According to her, 1501 Records received a substantial 60% of her recording earnings, leaving her with only 40% to cover her team’s expenses.

Adding to the dispute, Megan alleged that all her earnings from live performances were obligated to go to 1501 Records. However, she claimed that the label failed to provide transparent financial statements for these earnings.

Seeking over $1 million in unpaid royalties, Megan’s lawsuit aimed not only for compensation but also for her release from the binding contract.

In 1501’s retaliation, they filed a counterclaim against Carl’s lawsuit, asserting that Megan had an outstanding obligation to deliver another album under their agreement. The counterclaim also sought complete transparency into Megan’s earnings from sponsorships and endorsements.

This case is set to unfold in court later this year. Megan expressed her need to depose two more individuals before proceeding and promptly issued subpoenas to her former friend Kelsey and Kelsey’s partner, Darien Smith.

Presented within her recent legal motion, Megan highlighted that Kelsey received a subpoena in May but did not attend the scheduled deposition on June 21. Megan petitioned the judge to compel Kelsey’s attendance.

In the legal filings, Megan asserted that Darien, a former executive at 1501, possessed knowledge pertaining to the label’s alleged efforts to undermine her creative ventures.

Legal documents unveiled Megan’s intent to depose Kelsey, seeking insight into her affiliations with 1501, Carl, and Tory. Megan sought the disclosure of all correspondences between Kelsey, Carl, and Tory.

Currently awaiting a decision from the judge, Megan is seeking for Kelsey to be held in contempt, a move that carries the possibility of a subsequent fine or confinement.

Leave a Reply